GITNUX MARKETDATA REPORT 2024

Digital Marketing vs. Traditional Marketing Statistics [Fresh Research]

In this post, we present a comprehensive analysis of the latest statistics highlighting the ongoing shift from traditional marketing to digital marketing. With data indicating the increasing preference for digital advertising, email marketing, personalized content, and more, businesses are faced with a clear mandate to adapt to the evolving landscape of marketing strategies.

Statistic 1

"88% of businesses will engage in digital marketing in 2021, leaving only 12% solely focused on traditional marketing."

Sources Icon

Statistic 2

"Consumers are 68% more likely to open an email about entertainment, events, or hobbies than traditional business correspondence."

Sources Icon

Statistic 3

"66% of marketers believe that traditional advertising is less effective than digital advertising."

Sources Icon

Statistic 4

"Digital advertising is forecast to hit $389 billion globally in 2021, surpassing traditional advertising."

Sources Icon

Statistic 5

"Nearly 60% of adults prefer to receive marketing information via email."

Sources Icon

Statistic 6

"Over 75% of consumers prefer to see ads that are relevant to them instead of generic ads for a product."

Sources Icon

Statistic 7

"85% of marketers believe that targeting and personalization in digital marketing campaigns is more effective than traditional marketing."

Sources Icon

Statistic 8

"In 2021, digital marketing’s share of total ad spending worldwide is set to reach 50%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 9

"45% of small businesses invest in both digital and print marketing channels."

Sources Icon

Statistic 10

"Consumers spend 40% of their media time on digital media, surpassing traditional media."

Sources Icon

Statistic 11

"Digital marketing generates a 9.9% average increase in lead-to-close rates, compared to 1.7% for traditional marketing."

Sources Icon

Statistic 12

"72% of consumers prefer to receive marketing content via email rather than social media."

Sources Icon

Statistic 13

"SEO (search engine optimization) has a 14.6% conversion rate, while outbound leads have a 1.7% conversion rate."

Sources Icon

Statistic 14

"Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates approximately 3 times as many leads."

Sources Icon

Statistic 15

"2.14 billion people worldwide are expected to buy goods and services online in 2021, emphasizing the importance of digital marketing."

Sources Icon

Statistic 16

"77% of consumers stated that they have been convinced to buy a product after watching a video, underscoring the power of digital marketing."

Sources Icon
The statistics presented clearly indicate the growing dominance and effectiveness of digital marketing over traditional marketing methods. Businesses are shifting their focus towards digital channels due to the higher engagement rates, targeting capabilities, and cost-effectiveness of digital advertising. Consumers show a strong preference for personalized and relevant marketing content delivered through email and digital media. The significant increase in online shopping and the persuasive impact of video marketing further highlight the crucial role of digital marketing in reaching and converting customers. As we move forward, embracing digital strategies and technologies will be essential for businesses to stay competitive in the ever-evolving marketing landscape.

Sources

... Before You Leave, Catch This! 🔥

Your next business insight is just a subscription away. Our newsletter The Week in Data delivers the freshest statistics and trends directly to you. Stay informed, stay ahead—subscribe now.

Sign up for our newsletter and become the navigator of tomorrow's trends. Equip your strategy with unparalleled insights!