GITNUX MARKETDATA REPORT 2024

Must-Know Spotify Usage Statistics [Latest Report]

Statistic 1

"As of 2021 Q1, Spotify had 158 million subscribers worldwide."

Sources Icon

Statistic 2

"Spotify users listened to 1.8 million different artists per month in 2021."

Sources Icon

Statistic 3

"As of Q3 2021, Spotify had 381 million active users."

Sources Icon

Statistic 4

"Over 36% of Spotify listening time is spent on playlists as of 2021."

Sources Icon

Statistic 5

"As of the third quarter of 2021, almost 25% of Spotify’s total user base was in Europe."

Sources Icon

Statistic 6

"56% of Spotify users are male while the rest 44% are females."

Sources Icon

Statistic 7

"There are over 70 million songs available on Spotify as of 2021."

Sources Icon

Statistic 8

"The average listener on Spotify aged between 16 to 24 years spends 135 minutes per day on the platform."

Sources Icon

Statistic 9

"18 to 24-year-olds are the biggest age group on Spotify, making up 29% of its users."

Sources Icon

Statistic 10

"Over 24% of Spotify users access the application every day in the U.S."

Sources Icon

Statistic 11

"Spotify had over $9.5 billion in revenue in 2020."

Sources Icon

Statistic 12

"Spotify users created more than 5 billion playlists by 2020."

Sources Icon

Statistic 13

"Spotify’s mobile app usage increased by 21 % among U.S. adults during 2020."

Sources Icon

Statistic 14

"As of 2021, ‘Shape of You’ by Ed Sheeran is the most-streamed song on Spotify, with over 2.8 billion streams."

Sources Icon

... Before You Leave, Catch This! 🔥

Your next business insight is just a subscription away. Our newsletter The Week in Data delivers the freshest statistics and trends directly to you. Stay informed, stay ahead—subscribe now.

Sign up for our newsletter and become the navigator of tomorrow's trends. Equip your strategy with unparalleled insights!