GITNUX MARKETDATA REPORT 2024

Survey Statistics: Market Report & Data

With sources from: surveyanyplace.com, surveygizmo.com, customer.guru, checkmarket.com and many more

Statistic 1

Over 39% of global survey respondents stated that they had taken an online survey in the 30 days prior to the survey.

Statistic 2

A good survey response rate is considered to be around 26% to 30%.

Statistic 3

The average time to complete a survey is 12 minutes.

Statistic 4

72% of customer surveys are completed on a desktop, while the remaining 28% are done on mobile devices.

Statistic 5

Surveys that take longer than 5 minutes have a 17% drop off rate.

Statistic 6

Long surveys can achieve up to a 50% higher response rate if incentives are offered.

Statistic 7

Gallup’s annual work and education polls have a response rate of about 5% to 9%.

Statistic 8

A phenomenal 92% of consumers read online reviews and testimonials when considering a purchase.

Statistic 9

8% more people in the U.S complete surveys on their desktop computers than do on mobile devices.

Statistic 10

The best day to send a survey is on Monday, with an open rate of 12.3%.

Statistic 11

21% of surveys sent via email are opened.

Statistic 12

Over 20% of total surveys load on a tablet.

Statistic 13

52% of online surveys had been opened on a mobile device.

Statistic 14

The average response rate for email surveys is 10% to 15%.

Statistic 15

The average response rate for telephone surveys is 9% to 12%.

Statistic 16

Only 1 in 4 customers actually complete the survey they start.

Statistic 17

Cash incentives increase the response rates of mail surveys by 19.1 percentage points.

Statistic 18

About 80% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.

Statistic 19

Internet users in Asia are the least likely to participate in online surveys, with only 14% of internet users in this region saying that they do this.

Sources Icon Sources

In this post, we will explore a wide range of survey statistics that shed light on various aspects of survey research and respondent behavior. From response rates and completion times to device preferences and regional trends, these statistics offer valuable insights for anyone involved in designing or conducting surveys. Let’s dive into the numbers and uncover key findings that can help optimize survey strategies for maximum effectiveness.

Statistic 1

"Over 39% of global survey respondents stated that they had taken an online survey in the 30 days prior to the survey."

Sources Icon

Statistic 2

"A good survey response rate is considered to be around 26% to 30%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 3

"The average time to complete a survey is 12 minutes."

Sources Icon

Statistic 4

"72% of customer surveys are completed on a desktop, while the remaining 28% are done on mobile devices."

Sources Icon

Statistic 5

"Surveys that take longer than 5 minutes have a 17% drop off rate."

Sources Icon

Statistic 6

"Long surveys can achieve up to a 50% higher response rate if incentives are offered."

Sources Icon

Statistic 7

"Gallup’s annual work and education polls have a response rate of about 5% to 9%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 8

"A phenomenal 92% of consumers read online reviews and testimonials when considering a purchase."

Sources Icon

Statistic 9

"8% more people in the U.S complete surveys on their desktop computers than do on mobile devices."

Sources Icon

Statistic 10

"The best day to send a survey is on Monday, with an open rate of 12.3%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 11

"21% of surveys sent via email are opened."

Sources Icon

Statistic 12

"Over 20% of total surveys load on a tablet."

Sources Icon

Statistic 13

"52% of online surveys had been opened on a mobile device."

Sources Icon

Statistic 14

"The average response rate for email surveys is 10% to 15%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 15

"The average response rate for telephone surveys is 9% to 12%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 16

"Only 1 in 4 customers actually complete the survey they start."

Sources Icon

Statistic 17

"Cash incentives increase the response rates of mail surveys by 19.1 percentage points."

Sources Icon

Statistic 18

"About 80% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations."

Sources Icon

Statistic 19

"Internet users in Asia are the least likely to participate in online surveys, with only 14% of internet users in this region saying that they do this."

Sources Icon

Interpretation

From the various survey statistics presented, it is evident that online surveys are a popular method of gathering information, with a significant portion of respondents having recently taken part in one. Factors like survey response rates, completion times, device preferences, and the impact of incentives all influence the success of surveys. Additionally, the influence of incentives on response rates, the trust placed in online reviews, and the regional differences in survey participation highlight the diverse factors to consider when designing and implementing surveys for optimal results.

Can You Trust Our Report?

The statistics are checked by us and then entered into the database. Our market data reports have been linked to by some of the largest publishers and companies on the Internet.

Learn more about our process here.

Submit Your Own Statistic Data

Would you like to submit your own researched statistics on this topic? You are welcome to use the form below and submit your suggestion to us. We will check the source and approve it if necessary.

... Before You Leave, Catch This! 🔥

Your next business insight is just a subscription away. Our newsletter The Week in Data delivers the freshest statistics and trends directly to you. Stay informed, stay ahead—subscribe now.

Sign up for our newsletter and become the navigator of tomorrow's trends. Equip your strategy with unparalleled insights!