GITNUX MARKETDATA REPORT 2024

Cybersecurity In The Warehouse Industry Statistics

Cybersecurity incidents in the warehouse industry are on the rise, with a particular focus on protecting against data breaches and phishing scams.

With sources from: verizon.com, cybintsolutions.com, trendmicro.com, businessinsider.com and many more

Statistic 1

More than 70% of businesses globally have experienced a cyber attack in the last 12 months.

Statistic 2

About 43% of cyber attacks are targeted at small businesses, which can include warehouses.

Statistic 3

The global estimated cost of cybercrime is expected to reach $6 trillion annually by 2021.

Statistic 4

Only 38% of global organizations claim they are prepared to handle a sophisticated cyber attack.

Statistic 5

In the manufacturing sector, which includes warehouses, 79% of companies faced a breach in 2019.

Statistic 6

The logistics industry, including warehousing, accounted for 13% of the total cyber threats across industries.

Statistic 7

Only about 10% of businesses felt their cyber security solution was perfect, leaving 90% believing their protection could improve.

Statistic 8

About 64% of companies have experienced web-based attacks.

Statistic 9

The average financial cost of a warehouse cyber attack is about $200,000.

Statistic 10

One in three companies in manufacturing and logistics have an identified cyber-attack action plan.

Statistic 11

About 16% of US manufacturers and distributors don't have a defined cybersecurity plan.

Statistic 12

70% of organizations believe that their security risk increased significantly in 2017.

Statistic 13

A cyber attack occurs every 39 seconds.

Statistic 14

58% of malware attack victims are categorized as small businesses.

Statistic 15

More than 77% of companies do not have a formal cybersecurity incident response plan.

Statistic 16

Nearly 40% of industrial computers, including those in warehouses, were subjected to cyberattacks in the second half of 2016.

Statistic 17

95% of cybersecurity breaches are due to human error.

Sources Icon Sources

In this post, we explore the significant impact of cyber threats on the warehouse industry. With statistics revealing the alarming frequency of cyber attacks and the associated financial costs, it becomes evident that cybersecurity is a pressing concern for businesses in the warehouse sector. Stay tuned to learn more about the vulnerabilities facing warehouses and the essential steps to safeguard against cyber threats.

Statistic 1

"More than 70% of businesses globally have experienced a cyber attack in the last 12 months."

Sources Icon

Statistic 2

"About 43% of cyber attacks are targeted at small businesses, which can include warehouses."

Sources Icon

Statistic 3

"The global estimated cost of cybercrime is expected to reach $6 trillion annually by 2021."

Sources Icon

Statistic 4

"Only 38% of global organizations claim they are prepared to handle a sophisticated cyber attack."

Sources Icon

Statistic 5

"In the manufacturing sector, which includes warehouses, 79% of companies faced a breach in 2019."

Sources Icon

Statistic 6

"The logistics industry, including warehousing, accounted for 13% of the total cyber threats across industries."

Sources Icon

Statistic 7

"Only about 10% of businesses felt their cyber security solution was perfect, leaving 90% believing their protection could improve."

Sources Icon

Statistic 8

"About 64% of companies have experienced web-based attacks."

Sources Icon

Statistic 9

"The average financial cost of a warehouse cyber attack is about $200,000."

Sources Icon

Statistic 10

"One in three companies in manufacturing and logistics have an identified cyber-attack action plan."

Sources Icon

Statistic 11

"About 16% of US manufacturers and distributors don't have a defined cybersecurity plan."

Sources Icon

Statistic 12

"70% of organizations believe that their security risk increased significantly in 2017."

Sources Icon

Statistic 13

"A cyber attack occurs every 39 seconds."

Sources Icon

Statistic 14

"58% of malware attack victims are categorized as small businesses."

Sources Icon

Statistic 15

"More than 77% of companies do not have a formal cybersecurity incident response plan."

Sources Icon

Statistic 16

"Nearly 40% of industrial computers, including those in warehouses, were subjected to cyberattacks in the second half of 2016."

Sources Icon

Statistic 17

"95% of cybersecurity breaches are due to human error."

Sources Icon

Interpretation

It is evident from the statistics presented that the warehouse industry, along with the wider manufacturing and logistics sectors, is highly vulnerable to cyber threats. With a significant percentage of businesses experiencing cyber attacks and facing substantial financial costs as a result, it is crucial for organizations to prioritize cybersecurity measures and enhance their preparedness. The data highlights the urgent need for improved cybersecurity solutions and incident response plans within warehouses and similar industries to mitigate the escalating risks associated with cybercrime.

Can You Trust Our Report?

The statistics are checked by us and then entered into the database. Our market data reports have been linked to by some of the largest publishers and companies on the Internet.

Learn more about our process here.

Submit Your Own Statistic Data

Would you like to submit your own researched statistics on this topic? You are welcome to use the form below and submit your suggestion to us. We will check the source and approve it if necessary.

... Before You Leave, Catch This! 🔥

Your next business insight is just a subscription away. Our newsletter The Week in Data delivers the freshest statistics and trends directly to you. Stay informed, stay ahead—subscribe now.

Sign up for our newsletter and become the navigator of tomorrow's trends. Equip your strategy with unparalleled insights!