GITNUX MARKETDATA REPORT 2024

Must-Know Working Mothers Statistics [Latest Report]

Statistic 1

"70.6% of mothers with children under 18 are in the labor force."

Sources Icon

Statistic 2

"Dual-earner couples constitute 63% of all married-couple families with children in 2017."

Sources Icon

Statistic 3

"44% of working mothers work part-time while the other 56% work full-time."

Sources Icon

Statistic 4

"In 2021, 39% of working mothers were their family’s primary breadwinner."

Sources Icon

Statistic 5

"Working mothers spend an average of 98 minutes per day on childcare activities in 2020."

Sources Icon

Statistic 6

"68% of working mothers in the U.S. felt that working while raising children was mentally manageable."

Sources Icon

Statistic 7

"78% of working mothers say that their jobs give them a sense of identity in addition to being a parent."

Sources Icon

Statistic 8

"Mothers who work from home spend an extra 49 minutes per day on childcare when compared to those who work exclusively in the office."

Sources Icon

Statistic 9

"54% of working mothers report work-life balance as a significant challenge."

Sources Icon

Statistic 10

"63% of working mothers believe that employers should do more to support them in balancing their work and family lives."

Sources Icon

Statistic 11

"21% of single working mothers live below the poverty line."

Sources Icon

Statistic 12

"Mothers who work full-time experience a 23% wage gap compared to men, while part-time mothers experience a 7% wage gap."

Sources Icon

Statistic 13

"40% of working mothers feel that they have missed out on career opportunities due to their parental responsibilities."

Sources Icon

Statistic 14

"75% of working mothers in 2019 experienced career interruptions related to child care during the COVID-19 pandemic."

Sources Icon

Statistic 15

"36% of working mothers report that their career progression has been negatively impacted as a result of having children."

Sources Icon

Statistic 16

"53% of working mothers reported feeling guilty about how their work affects their children in 2013."

Sources Icon

Sources

... Before You Leave, Catch This! 🔥

Your next business insight is just a subscription away. Our newsletter The Week in Data delivers the freshest statistics and trends directly to you. Stay informed, stay ahead—subscribe now.

Sign up for our newsletter and become the navigator of tomorrow's trends. Equip your strategy with unparalleled insights!