Statistics About The Most Diverse Countries

The most diverse countries in terms of ethnic diversity include Togo, Nigeria, and Cameroon, with a high number of different ethnic groups living together.

Statistic 1

"Papua New Guinea has the most languages spoken in one country, with more than 850 individual languages recorded."

Sources Icon

Statistic 2

"The United States has the largest foreign-born population of any country in the world."

Sources Icon

Statistic 3

"Brazil is the world's fifth most populous country with a diverse population that includes indigenous peoples, Portuguese descendants, and a large African diaspora."

Sources Icon

Statistic 4

"Around 25% of Australia's population was born overseas, making it one of the most multicultural countries in the world."

Sources Icon

Statistic 5

"South Africa has formally recognized 11 languages as official languages, reflecting its high cultural diversity."

Sources Icon

Statistic 6

"Indonesia features over 300 ethnic groups and around 700 living languages."

Sources Icon

Statistic 7

"Malaysia's population is incredibly diverse with three main ethnicities: Malay, Chinese, and Indian."

Sources Icon

Statistic 8

"Belgium's population is divided between two main linguistic groups: the Dutch-speaking Flemish and the French-speaking Walloons."

Sources Icon

Statistic 9

"Switzerland has four national languages: German, French, Italian, and Romansh, indicating the country's high cultural diversity."

Sources Icon

Statistic 10

"In 2019, approximately 30 percent of the population of the United Arab Emirates was Emirati nationals, the remaining 70 percent consisting of expatriates."

Sources Icon

Statistic 11

"New Zealand’s diversity index, which measures the chance that two randomly chosen people will have a different ethnic group, is 58%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 12

"The Netherlands is one of the most diverse countries in Europe, with over 190 different nationalities recorded in Amsterdam alone."

Sources Icon

Statistic 13

"Around 23% of Spain's population has a foreign background, further enhancing its diversity."

Sources Icon

Statistic 14

"According to the World Population Review, Luxembourg has the highest percentage of immigrants compared to its total population, at 47.5%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 15

"In Lebanon, there are 18 recognized religious sects, indicating a high degree of religious diversity."

Sources Icon

Statistic 16

"According to Ethnologue, Cameroon has more than 279 languages spoken, making it one of the most linguistically diverse countries."

Sources Icon

... Before You Leave, Catch This! 🔥

Your next business insight is just a subscription away. Our newsletter The Week in Data delivers the freshest statistics and trends directly to you. Stay informed, stay ahead—subscribe now.

Sign up for our newsletter and become the navigator of tomorrow's trends. Equip your strategy with unparalleled insights!