GITNUX MARKETDATA REPORT 2024

Yemenis Population Distribution Statistics

The population distribution in Yemen is predominantly rural, with approximately 70% of the population residing in rural areas and the remaining 30% living in urban centers.

In this post, we will explore the latest statistics on Yemen’s population distribution, shedding light on key demographic trends and challenges facing the country. From the number of internally displaced children to the urban-rural divide and educational disparities, these figures paint a detailed picture of Yemen’s population dynamics as of mid-2020.

Statistic 1

"As of mid-2020, Yemen's estimated population is 29.83 million,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 2

"Approximately 34.6% of Yemenis live in urban areas,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 3

"The capital city, Sana'a holds about 1.938 million people,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 4

"Approximately 65.4% of the population in Yemen is rural,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 5

"About 40% of Yemeni population is under the age of 14,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 6

"55.5% of Yemeni population is between 15-64 years old,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 7

"Only about 4.5% of the population is above the age of 65,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 8

"Approximately 1.2 million people internally displaced in Yemen are children,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 9

"Yemen is experiencing one of the world's most severe humanitarian crises with 24.1 million people in need,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 10

"Yemen has a population density of 53.5 people per square kilometer,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 11

"Yemen's sex ratio is approximately 1.02 male(s) per 1 female,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 12

"The median age in Yemen is 20.3 years,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 13

"Approximately 9.8% of the population lives in the Governorate of Ta‘izz,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 14

"Approximately 8.7% of Yemen's population lives in the Governorate of Sana'a,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 15

"Around 4.9% of Yemen's population lives in the Aden Governorate,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 16

"Yemen's aging population (60 and above) is projected to reach 5% by 2035,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 17

"Projections indicate a doubling of Yemen's population to nearly 60 million individuals by 2050,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 18

"About 50% of the population is illiterate, with higher rates among women,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 19

"The gross enrolment ratio in primary education was 79.2% in 2019,"

Sources Icon

Statistic 20

"About 2 million children are out of school in Yemen, representing about 27% of children aged 6-11,"

Sources Icon
Overall, the statistics paint a complex picture of Yemen’s population distribution and demographics, reflecting a country facing significant challenges. With a large proportion of the population living in rural areas and a high percentage of children, particularly under the age of 14, the country’s future development and well-being will heavily rely on addressing issues such as education, displacement, and the ongoing humanitarian crisis. The projections for population growth highlight the impending need for sustainable solutions to support the increasing population, especially in urban areas like the capital city, while also considering the unique needs of marginalized groups such as the elderly and women with higher illiteracy rates. As we look ahead, it is evident that addressing these demographic trends and socio-economic disparities will be pivotal in shaping Yemen’s future trajectory.

... Before You Leave, Catch This! 🔥

Your next business insight is just a subscription away. Our newsletter The Week in Data delivers the freshest statistics and trends directly to you. Stay informed, stay ahead—subscribe now.

Sign up for our newsletter and become the navigator of tomorrow's trends. Equip your strategy with unparalleled insights!