GITNUX MARKETDATA REPORT 2024

Statistics About The Average Down Payment On A House In Texas

The average down payment on a house in Texas is around 20% of the home's purchase price.

Statistic 1

"The average down payment on a house in Texas is 13.10%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 2

"In Texas, most borrowers put down between 5% and 20% on a house."

Sources Icon

Statistic 3

"The average down payment for first-time homebuyers in Texas is 6%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 4

"Conventional loans in Texas required an average down payment of 19.4% in 2020."

Sources Icon

Statistic 5

"FHA loans in Texas required an average down payment of 3.5% in 2020."

Sources Icon

Statistic 6

"In Texas, the average down payment assistance can vary between $1,000 - $10,000."

Sources Icon

Statistic 7

"In Dallas, Texas, the average down payment is around 14.7%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 8

"Approximately 61% of millennials in Texas made a down payment of 6% or less."

Sources Icon

Statistic 9

"For a $250,000 house in Texas, the average down payment would be around $32,750."

Sources Icon

Statistic 10

"The average down payment in Houston, Texas, is about 12.09%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 11

"In San Antonio, Texas, the average down payment is around 11.5%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 12

"Approximately 30% of homes in Texas has a mortgage."

Sources Icon

Statistic 13

"Texas ranks within the top 20 US states for making a down payment on a house"

Sources Icon

Statistic 14

"The average loan-to-value ratio for Texas homes is approximately 86.7%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 15

"The Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University reports that the down payment percentage hasn't changed significantly in Texas over the past few years."

Sources Icon

Statistic 16

"Texas is among the top states where it's most affordable to buy a house with a smaller down payment."

Sources Icon

Statistic 17

"The average down payment for Millennials in Texas is about 8.8%."

Sources Icon

Statistic 18

"The average loan-to-value ratio for FHA loans in Texas is 96.5%, leaving a 3.5% average down payment."

Sources Icon

... Before You Leave, Catch This! 🔥

Your next business insight is just a subscription away. Our newsletter The Week in Data delivers the freshest statistics and trends directly to you. Stay informed, stay ahead—subscribe now.

Sign up for our newsletter and become the navigator of tomorrow's trends. Equip your strategy with unparalleled insights!